When you start using your knee walker:
- Practice turns slowly until you get the feel of the unit
- Do not mount or dismount on an incline
- Stay on hard surfaces and off grass and sand
- Do not use on or over stairs
Care should be taken to ensure that all hand and height adjustments are secure, and that all wheels are in good working order before using the unit.
Be sure that height adjustment knobs are fully tightened. Test the unit for stability before applying full weight to hand grips.
Test the loop brakes before operating the unit. When wheels are locked, the brake bar on the rear wheels should prevent the wheels from turning. If the rear wheels turn while brakes are locked, please return the unit back to ACG for adjustment. When loop brakes are released, the wheels should turn freely.
The black knob is for positioning of the locking mechanism. Only the proper tightening of the safety lock lever will safeguard you as you use the knee walker.
All wheels must be in contact with the floor at all times during use. This will ensure the unit is properly balanced.
To prevent tipping, which may result in injury or damage:
- Do not attempt to reach objects if you are kneeling on the knee rest
- Do not hang anything from the frame of your unit. The item should be placed in the tote bag designed for your unit
- Do not add to your load when you are using the unit
The above situations will cause a change of weight distribution and may cause the unit to tip, resulting in injury or damage. Always use extreme caution when reaching for any object.
The knee rest is not designed for sitting or supporting full body weight, and the knee walker is not intended for use as a transportation device or a toy scooter.
If push handles are exposed to extreme temperatures (above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or below freezing), high humidity and/or becomes wet, prior to using the unit, ensure that the handgrips do not twist on the frame handle. Otherwise, damage or injury may occur.
Replace tires when worn or damaged.
Always operate wheel locks on both sides at the same time.
- To slow or stop the unit temporarily, pull up on the loops with the fingers until the unit slows or stops
- To lock wheels in position, push the hand loops down until you feel the hand loops snap into position and the brake bars lock onto the wheels
- To release wheel locks, use your fingers to pull the loop handles back toward the handle bar into their original neutral position
Brakes are subject to wear and tear. If the brake bar does not contact the wheel and/or a loop brake cracks, breaks or does not function properly, return the unit to ACG for service immediately.